June 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
June 21, 2012 § Leave a comment
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
June 8, 2012 § Leave a comment
- Make sure you update your password on LinkedIn (and any site that you visit on the Web) at least once every few months.
- Do not use the same password for multiple sites or accounts.
- Create a strong password for your account, one that includes letters, numbers, and other characters.
- Watch out for phishing emails and spam emails requesting personal or sensitive information.
June 6, 2012 § 2 Comments
It appears that the security of more than six million LinkedIn accounts has been compromised. It is recommended that LinkedIn users change their passwords and the passwords of other sites using the same password.
The passwords have been posted on the Internet in encrypted form but it would seem that some have already been cracked.
The following advice is taken from the BBC report breaking the news.
What to do
Security experts have advised users to change their passwords on LinkedIn. Here’s how:
- Visit www.linkedin.com, and log-in with your details
- Once logged-in, hover over your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and select ‘Settings’ from the menu
- You may be asked to log-in again at this point
- On the next screen, click the ‘Account’ button which is near the bottom of the page
- Under the ‘Email & Password’ heading, you will find a link to change your password
If you use the same password on other sites, be sure to change those too.